Thursday, December 5, 2013

Continuing use of Social Media


Trying and learning about these new social media platforms has been a fascinating discovery.  
 I now look at things different in regards to marketing, advertising and the various social media options.  Since I have been able to apply what we are learning for a friend’s business – I have not only had to take into consideration the type of person she is and how she runs the business, I also had to learn how to encourage her and break out of her own shell & reservations about social media.  
 For the business – FaceBook has definitely been the best and the easiest to get involved in.   Facebook along with Pinterest and Facebook analytics will definitely be used on a daily and regular basis.   Using options like being able to check-in at a location (like having afternoon tea) will be another feature from Facebook that will be used a lot.  Although we both like Twitter – neither of us see how that can be kept up like it should be.  Instead we are replacing it with Instagram since we are always taking pictures of the events and delicious desserts. 
Now the process begins to re-vamp the company website to have the link for the various social media options and make it more user friendly.  Also by doing that- we can utilize the Google analytics more and get additional feedback. A monthly newsletter is in the works, along with seasonal specials and promotions.   Posting questions to our followers has also been something that we will continue to do.  It creates conversations and we can see where we need to improve.  

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a really nice job with your Facebook page. I like the tantalizing photos of sweet treats! I also like the way you have started writing things with the photos. I think this will engage your audience more. I think it would make your Facebook page more interesting if you added a cover photo. Do you have a logo? Or maybe a photo of one of the beautiful tables set with one of your teas? You could also explain a little more about what you do on your about statement. I am not sure from your page if I can call you to cater a party for me or if I need to go to a restaurant to experience your teas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharin.... I like your comment and agree totally with it: "I now look at things different in regards to marketing, advertising and the various social media options." It was great to do all of the work on my own business and can understand your comment about knowing who your friend is etc in order to be successful with the social media!

    ReplyDelete