Sunday, December 1, 2013

Is there a Handbook for Dummies - Google Analytics? I need it

      Just when I think I understand all this social media and how it relates to business and marketing – I learn there are more options.   Back in the “good ole’ days” – advertising consisted of an ad or two in a local magazine or newspaper, maybe a few radio commercials and an ad in the yellow pages phone book (that’s a paper copy of YP.com or Google for all you young whippersnappers).   Now I feel I need a playbook or a book for dummies to decipher some of the new on-line marketing tools.    I finally figured out how to understand some of the tools Facebook uses to provide information to businesses.   
    And then there is Google analytics.  How to understand what a tiny business like this one can use or needs to help grow was hard.   Some of the features that I plan on studying more and adding to are content experiments (that will help me test new ideas for my webpage & make it better); Search Engine Optimization (need to know how potential customers found their way to me); real-time reporting (find out immediately which parts of site customers are looking and how many are on my page); Flow visualization ( where they came from and how they click around my website); and campaign measurement ( are new promotions & specials working).  There are other features that aren’t applicable to the business (like mobile apps/ advertising reports) just quite yet.   
         One of the things that I learned from the book was “site:mybusiness.com” (ok… it took me a bit to figure out I actually had to replace “mybusiness” with ‘teaaroundtheworld”.)   This popped up via Google all the different links/ articles on the website.    
        There are so many amazing, useful and overwhelming options to promote a business digitally and through social media.     

 
Following the path to grow the business in this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment