Monday, December 2, 2013

FaceBook analytics - a helpful tool

      There have definitely been some up and downs and it was interesting to see the changes. Just in the last week – the jumps in page like and totals reaches has more than doubled.   To be able to see if anyone has shared the page or how many new likes each week.  It also showed that the page had one unlike.   It gave me a chance to change the date ranges around to see when I had more traffic to the site and how many days were there was nothing.  It doesn’t mean that no one was looking or reading it – it just listed that no one liked it.  I had heard the term “net likes” but this explained it and showed it.  Since none of the likes on the page are paid or from ads – it made it easy to decipher.   One of the biggest pieces of that I discovered was where the external referrals were from. Almost none were from Yahoo or Google.  All the referrers were related to the class or were from blackboard.  

       Most of the major spikes in changes and growth – happened when I posted questions to respond to or in this last week when I posted a place to have holiday teas.    Of course there was also a bigger spike from the other students liking the page.   Being able to see the difference is a nice tool.

        I can see how this would be a useful tool to check on a weekly or monthly basis.  I could see changes both positive and negative.  It can help show when a new post generates traffic or creates comments and likes.   Of all the tools - this one was the easiest to use and understand.    This will definitely be a tool that I will be using over and over to help keep interest in the site and lead to more business.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment