Monday, October 21, 2013

Following other similar business on social media


Just when I think I have finally figured out this social media, I learn a new side to it.

I have spent many hours getting ‘sucked” into Pinterest… and have used some of the terrific ideas and recipes found there.  Now – I was having to change the way I was looking at it. Changing my way of thinking and discovering how a business can use Pinterest to attract customers like me.

Although I couldn’t figure out how to link the FaceBook and the Pinterest… I did create a post on FaceBook for people to follow.

I thought I would have no problem finding similar business to Tea Around the World, but it was a little more difficult.  I just didn’t want to use hotels that provide an afternoon high tea; I wanted to find companies similar that also celebrated tea.

·        Bite Catering in Los Angeles, CA


They are local company that does afternoon tea catering.   Their website is very informative and has lots of menus and ideas but they also have links to other companies and locations to hold an event.

They do have social media presence – but it looks like it’s primarily on FaceBook and Twitter. They do have a blog to follow.   They have also had one of their chefs on the Food Network which has gotten their company name out there.   

·        Anyone for Tea  in Los Angeles, CA


http://www.anyoneforteacatering.com/

Another local tea catering company specializing in vintage style English tea & cocktail parties.   The exciting draw for this company is it is started by an English actress from the TV show “Days of our Lives”.

The website is creative and desirable to look at.  There are YouTube videos right on the home page featuring a beautiful tea event. The company does have additional social media presence on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram along with reviews on Yelp.   Their presence on these social outlets seems to be working well for them since I found them very easily when searching.

·        Afternoon Tea. Co.uk
    http://www.afternoontea.co.uk/

 I chose this one for an international flare. This company is a little different since they feature venues that feature afternoon teas all over London, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Very descriptive information about each location, with prices and tantalizing images.

They have a huge presence on social media.    I found hundreds of images posted by them on Pinterest and Facebook.   Also when you click on the “Share” button on their webpage – it links you to over 330 different options (a majority I had never heard of) to share with anyone.

I did research some other companies that had great website but no links to any form of social media.

·        Tea Traditions in San Jose, CA      http://ttraditions.com/      

·        Tea-Upon-Chatsworth in San Diego, CA    http://cu4t.com/

Another adventure down the social media path…. Now time to relax with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment