Sunday, September 29, 2013

The possibility of turning a passion into reality


One of my passions is creating delicious, sometimes (ok, ok, Always) sinful treats and desserts.   I may see a recipe or an idea, and then I put my own spin on it.  As my mother always says – “it’s gilding the lily”.   Luckily, I have this great job where my co-workers are always willing to be taste-testers for my new creations. I constantly hear that I should open my own business or sell the treats that I make.  So what a better opportunity to start researching the how’s and why’s of doing that then learning how to promote it thru social media outlets.

The company that I am choosing to promote is called Traveling Treats, a mobile delivery system of bakery treats.   Orders can be placed via email/ fax; text; phone calls or response to emails blasts.  This company ( although currently fictious on paper) will not be a food truck parked someplace waiting for customers, but a delivery service that brings the orders right to the customer.   Think pizza delivery type service but for your sweet tooth.

My target audiences are:

·        Brides: who want a specialized treat tables for their events  
                               (bachelor parties/ engagement / showers)

·        Professional women (ages 30+): who need to impress clients or for
                                 company events

·        Working mothers: who needs treats for kid’s schools events or
                                   their own jobs

·        Men (25+): who need a way to impress a special person, get out of
                                     the doghouse or bring family get-togethers.

·        Sororities / fraternities: for all their meetings/ events

·        Hotels/ special event coordinators: who want something a little
                                   different to offer their clients

Demographic:
My potential customers would be people who enjoy great homemade desserts. Inspired by holidays, family traditions and retro desserts.  Aimed towards those who want desserts delivered that are just more than cupcakes or candy.   

Psychographic:
The customer would be able to pre-order from a specific menu and have personally delivered when and where they choose – within the San Diego area.  There will also be seasonal items, special orders and surprise new monthly treats.  What a way for the clients to have delicious homemade desserts for any of their events delivered directly to them.

Obviously, still a work in progress.   The path of traveling is learning and discovering new things, whether in foreign land or in your own back yard.   This new path is trying to discover how to turn my passions into a reality.

 And the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment